February 18, 2011

C is for Christian and Chris

I grew up Catholic and when I was 32 my family joined a wonderful small Baptist church. Boy, did I think the roof might fall in when we stood up front to join, but it’s is one of the best choices we have made as a family. The church is wonderful and full of life. The kids are in a wonderful youth program and you don't hear..............Do we have to go? It’s can we pleaeeeeeese stay for Sunday School!






Chris is my older brother. He by far is the best brother anyone could ask for. He is the most patient and kind person I know. He would go the distant for ANYBODY. In saying that, he’s been stabbed a few times by people using him. He is an avid hunter and fisherman. He owns his owns business and does well  because of his Play Hard or go Home attitude. No, he doesn’t have a college degree, but has the most wordly sense I know. He’s dyslexic and you would never know because he taught himself to compensate. He would let me tag along when I was little and even when I was in college. He never let me be left out. I see a lot my own kids relationship in how Chris and I were growing up. He will shoot me for telling this story, but it is so funny that I still get that ouch my belly hurts from laughing so hard feeling when I think about it. We would get up before the crack of dawn to go hunting, fishing, or whatever else we could do and again he let me tag along. That morning he grabbed a pair of jeans from the dryer and out we headed. Chris, my Tim, me and Wade were going to the deer lease. Chris complained the whole time that his jeans must have shrunk, but who cared because we would be out in the middle of the boondocks. So, we do our thing at the deer lease and then head to the lake. Well, he decided once we got there he’d change into his swim trunks. When he takes them off you hear. Oh, Crap Jennifer these are your. Sure enough my FAVORITE pair of jeans are on his skinny butt, stained with who know what. I don’t know if I was more mad that he ruined them or that he could fit into them. We laughed and laughed and laughed until it hurt. Love him lots even though I don’t ever say it to him!!!

2 comments:

Thirty-One Trendy Totes said...

I am a new follower from the blog hop! I would love it if you followed back!

Thirty-One Trendy Totes said...

Thank you for following me back!